Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Prismacolor Pencils & OMS

I've never been very artistically inclined, and knowing my obsessive compulsive tendency to collect every color of any given craft item I buy & their cost, I've had no problem staying clear of Copic markers even though I love the effect others achieve with them.

However I then saw the "magic colored pencil" technique using Prismacolor pencils and gamsol or other oms (odorless mineral spirits) and my little brain wheels started spinning. Prismacolor Premier Pencilsaren't exactly cheap but they are far less then copics and at amazon they are actually pretty affordable. Once I saw the butterflies on Marion Vagg's blog it was all over. I had to try them myself!

They arrived a couple days ago and I couldn't wait for my 17month old to go to bed so that I could test them out. I read a post, I believe on splitcoaststampers, that instead of using blending stumps that some people were using theTim Holtz penfor alcohol inks and filling that with gamsol. Since I had one that's what I did and it works great!

This flower is my first attempt at using the pencils, I can't wait to play more!


1 comment:

  1. Prismacolor pencils are fun aren't they? Hope that you enjoy them! Like you, I went for the Prismas as they are cheaper than Copics and they blend so easily. Great idea to use the TH pen instead of stumps! Thanks for the shout out and love your card!
    Marion

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!