Sunday, November 27, 2011

Gobble Till You Wobble

Did you have a nice Thanksgiving? This was the first Thanksgiving we've spent with family in the past five years, it's so nice being back at home! We hosted this year, though it was just DH's parents and my mother it was very nice.

I made two of the gorgeous 3d pumpkins from svgcuts however the lighting has been so horrible that even with our DSLR camera I can't seem to get a decent photo, I might have to look into making one of the photo boxes I've seen others create to get good photos of their projects, until then you'll have to bear with what I'm able to get.

Here are some of the Thanksgiving cards I sent to family, mostly made with my Cameo.
The first turkey was run through my xyron and then heat embossed with metallic embossing powder, I love how that technique gives a hammered metal finish.
How fun are those buttons? They are my 7yr old's newest obsession... I purchased a package of plain white/shimmery buttons, then using our Bic markers she and I have been coloring them to match whatever project we need them for. You really do need to go quickly to get an even layer but it's such an easy and fun way to customize your embellishments!

If I can get some decent shots of my pumpkins I'll post those later today. I've also started on our holiday decorations so expect more posts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!