Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Squeezing in my last Fall post!

The snow might have arrived last night but it's not December yet so I'm squeezing in one last post with my Fall projects! Here are the two pumpkins I told you about a few days ago, still not the best photos (and yes, you can see the snow in the background the only way I could get decent lighting was right in front of a window, though today I did buy the things I need to construct my own light box!)

The paper pumpkins are from a kit put out by www.svgcuts.com. If you're not familiar with svgcuts head over there right now, they are awesome! It's a couple (Leo & Mary) who truly care about their customers and make the best svg's. If you're a cricut owner who is familiar with the nightmare assembly that awaits you when trying to assemble anything 3d from a cricut cartridge you are in for a treat (assuming you have another machine that can cut svg's... you don't? Well what are you waiting for, go buy yourself a Cameo already!!!) Their files go together so quickly and easily, it's a pleasure to create with them! I bought a super cute Christmas themed set that I'll be showcasing this week as well if all goes well in my chaotic life .

I love this little guy, one of the sides actually has slits for a name tag and I had dreams of making one of these for everyone's spot on Thanksgiving but that didn't happen (I did make a cute simple place card but didn't snap photos of them yet) The stem is a bit squashed since my 19 month old thought the pumpkin was cute too.
I love this one too, panels were embossed with my big shot and inked with distress inks, don't you love those stems, they curl around in the neatest way and they are so easy to assemble!
Here they are together, there is a 3rd style which actually opens up but I didn't have time to make it this year. Both were made with my awesome Silhouette Cameo.

That's all for tonight, I'm going to be working my butt off come about 11pm to finish the limited edition Silhouette advent calendar tonight, I don't think I'll have time to do a ton of embellishing but hope to continue to add to it this month since my 7yr old can't wait to start opening boxes tomorrow.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!