Saturday, December 24, 2011

Hanging out Under a Cherry Tree

Those who follow me know that I've only been blogging a short time, and I've only been following blogs a short while longer then that (you wouldn't know that if you saw my reader feed though, my laptop starts smoking when I open it I have so many I follow now LOL) however a couple really stand out, both because of amazing projects but even more so because of the amazing ladies who run them. Jin from Under a Cherry Tree is one of my favorites!

It was Jin's hilarious cutter reviews that made me decide to purchase a Silhouette Cameo. Though focussing on the Lynx in this portion the photographs and comments will crack you up: Jin's cutter reviews. I have Jin to thank for my addiction to buying from introducing me to Lettering Delights amazing files.

This week she posted a wonderful tutorial on how to make the cutest pnc holiday tags using one of LD's newest releases (which for you cricut users might look familiar, they were designed by the amazing Nancy Kubo who also designed Create a Critter for Cricut). She then asked for submissions to be featured on her blog, what an honor!  You can watch her tutorial and learn how to make your own here: Jin's tag tutorial.

I dropped everything and made a few tags to share with her readers, and here they are for you too!


You guys know my love of layering so it about killed me to keep these one layer, I even went one step further then Jin and even made my bottom layer part of the pnc. Knowing I could easily create cards to go with the gifts, and layer those like crazy kept me calm ( check back for those soon <wink> ). 

However I knew I could still dress them up a bit with some sparkle & gloss! 




I used my Copic Atyou Spica glitter pens to add some sparkle, along with stickles on the wreath and ultra fine white glitter for the hats, and glossy accents for shine (I love using this on eyes as in the bird above). Some new twine from The Twinery and they were ready to attach to some gifts, which I really need to get wrapping! 





2 comments:

  1. I agree with Jin, I love that you pnc'd the background too. I actually had that thought at first but didn't follow through. On the next ones I certainly will. Matches much better.

    The Happy Card Encouragement Factory

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing job!! I love all the sparkle and gloss!

    Jamie
    http://oohlalapaperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!