Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

I know I know, I haven't even posted part 2 & 3 of the birthday photos yet... Easter just snuck up on me. Our house is a mish mash of pink & orange pom poms and Easter decorations. I told my girls we'd celebrate Easter all month since I haven't even cut any of the amazing decorations I wanted to yet. That said I did whip up a couple cute cards to send out for Easter.


The first was a card kit I got for free,  from Shery K Designs and can be found here: Free Easter Card Kit. I did a super simple print and cut for the eggs, grass, and bow and cut both of the basket parts out of brown and then just used some distress ink to color the cross hatch portion darker. I just love doing print and cuts with my Cameo for when searching for the perfect patterned paper would take too long. I don't know whats going on with the orange portion, IRL you couldn't see the blotchiness.



My 2nd card is my favorite. No matter how many times I see this sentiment/design I crack up. I bought the bunny shape in the Silhouette store and then made the bite marks by overlapping a few circles where the bites would be and using the modify tool (just select all your shapes and then subtract and it will remove your bites from the larger bunny shape). The background is a print & cut, using one of the free patterns in Studio, I also love the ability to color match so I made my own little embellishment by color matching some circles and then printing/cutting out the Happy Easter sentiment and tossing a 1" epoxy shape over it. The speech bubbles were even easier, just a quick off-set of the text gives you a nice custom bubble shape and I simply welded a little triangle I drew to the bottom. I used textured cardstock for the bunnies but I wanted something more, I ran them through my xyron and flocked them... I love how they turned out due to the fact it was textured cardstock... normally I'd say stay clear of fuzzy chocolate bunnies but these are too cute <wink> the card needed one last little touch, Trendy Twine to the rescue! I just love the twisted lime twine, the name makes me think of margaritas (yum) and the color screams Spring to me (plus there is a sale going on this weekend, snatch some up!).



Happy Easter everyone! I'll try to get the other parts of the party posted tonight/tomorrow! Off to pry the chocolates and marshmallows out of my daughters mouths, we don't need a 9am sugar rush (at least not before my coffee rush!)


2 comments:

  1. Candi, these are beautiful -- as always. Love the Easter basket. And thanks for sharing the sweet bunnies on the fb page.

    Happy Easter.

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahaha!!!!! I LOVE your chocolate bunny card! It's just the CUTEST and FUNNIEST Easter card I've ever come across! Hope I can remember this come Easter next year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!