Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Circle One

Ok here it goes. I've been thinking about this for some time now, actually even before I started up the blog. If you look at my actual blog address is not crafting in chaos, its chaos -n- crafts. My original intent was to have a blog that allowed me to ramble aimlessly to strangers connect to like minded individuals and share some crafts to hopefully amuse and inspire.

I wussed out, for the most part I've just kept the blog focused on some crafts with a tiny bit of my daily life sneaking in. I find that I don't post as often as I'd like because I don't always have a card or project to share and worry that if I posted things like my search for the perfect shade of lipgloss or my love of strudel you guys would be all "what the heck, isn't this a crafting blog? Who cares about her lipgloss or unhealthy strudel obsession... is she going to post a card with strudel on it?" I am humbled and shocked that over 70 people in the world are even interested to see my projects or read my blog in the first place, and I'm terrified that I'll annoy/offend or otherwise drive you guys away and then I'd be all pouty and lonely and really is a lipgloss-less, strudel addicted, exhausted, over-caffeinated, homeschooling mom going to be more attractive if she's all weepy eyed? No... no she's not. So I have kept myself focused on the crafts only.

Wow, why do I feel like an awkward 4th grader passing a note.


So... what do you say? Wanna be best buddies? I follow a crazy amount of blogs, but I find the ones I care the most about don't just have awesome crafts, they have real stories about real people who manage to connect with me even if we don't know each others first names. I don't really know these ladies but I love hearing about their day to day lives, what they bought at Target, if they found a great sale on TP, etc.

Would you guys still follow me if I blab aimlessly all the time from time to time? Would you find my blog more interesting if I tried connecting with you more like you were my best friend or would you prefer I just show the projects and keep the chitter chatter to a minimum? I swear I won't be offended either way. I'm also going to make a facebook page for my blog, I could keep this professional and just be chatty on facebook?

I'd love opinions and feedback, not that I'll necessarily listen to you, but just so that you feel like you have a say in this. (I'm totally kidding, I'd honestly love to know what you think!)

PS: I do have a couple of projects to share soon, just have to find the time/energy/clean spot on the counter to take some photos!

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy all the random rambling on all the blogs I follow too, so I say bring it on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here Candi. Nobody's life is all perfect and all about their latest craft which makes it appear that all you have time to do all day is craft and life just revolves around your perfect life. We understand your a real mom of two that homeschools and takes care of your home, pets and husband on top of it all. Would love to hear how you really roll like the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes! I enjoy reading the everyday events in people's blogs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!