Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day Lever Cards

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day, I spent the day with my 2 little darlings and my husband and FIL (my MIL is in FL for a couple of weeks). Hubby bought me the most beautiful orchid and delicious chocolates to go with the stamps I ordered for myself hehehe. Oh and I'll have to show you guys the card he picked out, it's so pretty I think I'm going to frame it (which says a lot since I usually toss store bought cards <wink> )

I'm a bit late in sending out the remainder of my Mother's Day cards this year (bit of a glitch with my Cameo blades, they are making good on the problem so I won't go into it other then to say, such an amazing machine, such crap for a blade housing!). This will be a quick post for today, trying to get the girls and myself ready to head to Costco & get back home to wait for our new sofa (yippie, I've been wanting it for years!)

I used a lever card from svgcuts and modified it a bit to suit my needs, the flowers are both from the the Silhouette store and the paper was a digital one I filled the shape with and did a pnc after adding in my words (love how quick and easy it is to add text with Studio).


I just love lever cards, they are a bit hard to photograph since they pop open but they are so fun to make. Here you can see how they work a bit better, they look complicated but are super fast to make.


The insides were looking a bit plain so I added a stamp which I quickly color washed with my prismacolor pencils & gamsol.


Lastly, for you other cheapskates thrifty crafters out there... do you ever stamp on your envelopes? I find it's a quick and fun way to dress up the plain white envelopes I buy in bulk.



Thanks for looking, have a beautiful day!



2 comments:

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!