Saturday, May 5, 2012

Ole' !

Hi everyone! Wow it's been too long again. This time of the year is always a bit crazy for me, we homeschool year round but the summer is more laid back so these final "school year" weeks are busy making sure we've covered everything I wanted to get covered. I've also tried out for my first DT, obviously my fingers are crossed that I get in but even if I don't make it I had so much fun designing & creating my projects, I can not wait to share them with you guys... I think you'll love them, I do!

So today is Cinco de Mayo, I absolutely adore Mexican food and I'd never pass a margarita so I couldn't let today slip by without creating a new card and sharing it with you. I wanted to do something sort of fun  and the idea of a worm swimming around in a tequila bottle popped into my head. I didn't see anything suitable on my bug cartridges or in the silhouette store for the bottle so I did a google image search and found a drawing (which I'm driving myself crazy searching for again to give credit, as soon as I find it I'll update this post) which I used for the inspiration for the bottle and then I added a worm from the LD buggy valentine set and a little hat I found online. The margarita glass is from the silhouette store. Both the bottle and glass were double cut, with the top layer being acetate to mimic glass... go figure, the one time I couldn't get a glare to show you how neat it looks in person. I couldn't resist adding a glittered button with a bit of trendy twine twisted lime twine, the name alone meant it has to be on a margarita card! I'm not sure where the background paper came from, but doesn't it just scream fiesta?


No margarita is complete without a salted rim, or in this case a glittered one!


I hope you have a great weekend, I'm off to pick up a bottle of Cuervo Gold... OLE'

5 comments:

  1. This card is so clever and amazing! You always have the best ideas Candi... I can almost taste it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candi, this is so pretty. Love all the bright and happy colors. And thank you for using my twine.

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candi this is awesome!! I'd love to try it I guess its time to get a Cameo ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and good luck on your DT tryout Im sure youll make it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you guys are so sweet, thank you! Oh and you MUST get a Cameo, don't even get me started... but the ability to cut ANYTHING you want and do print and cuts and fill shapes with patterns and I could go on and on. I do love my Cricut cartridges and shapes so you'll see them pop up from time to time but I also admit to going through the trouble of cutting them with my cricut, scanning them, and importing them into Studio just so I can use Studio to design with them and cut them with the Cameo! Yes I love it that much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!