Saturday, June 2, 2012

A Decade of Love

We had quite a full past weekend. Sunday was my birthday and Monday was our 10th wedding anniversary. I can't even believe that we've been married for 10 years already. I still remember making our announcements, it would be about 8yrs until I really knew about card making or paper crafting but I ordered some supplies and printed each on vellum pulling it out as fast as I could from our old inkjet printer so I could sprinkle it with embossing powder.  I think I actually still have the left over supplies!

*please excuse all the photos in this post, I still haven't found my sd card so I had to use my scanner.


It feels like just yesterday that we were in Maui Hawaii for our destination wedding/honeymoon, I can still feel the warm sand on my toes (I had the cutest rhinestone encrusted shoes but ended up going barefoot.. it seemed more appropriate on the beach). Since I'll use any excuse to show off our photos here are a couple:



We're not huge on giving each other gifts (I might be guilty of just buying anything it is I want, and he might be guilty of never really wanting anything... see how that all works out though) but we ended up getting a new sectional which we all love.

I opted for a super simple anniversary card, I purchased the file from the Silhouette store and then modified it a bit (changed the font). It might be hard to tell but the "olive you" is actually cut out of the top layer. Don't you just love how perfect the Cameo cuts even textured paper and look at that perfect tiny circle of a period! Olive you too Cameo!


Then as I was checking google reader the day before our anniversary I saw this card from Jennifer McGuire and fell in love with it, in one simple sentence it summed up exactly how I feel about my husband... he is my home. So I quickly whipped up this version of her super cute card. Mine is all paper, and I embossed the card base with a sizzix friend embossing plate since DH is my best friend as well :)


Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Belated Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary. Your card is pretty and your Pictures are Gorgeous.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures!

    Your cards are so sweet.

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday and congratulations on your anniversary! May you have many more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!