Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Dreamy Butterflies

Me again! (yeah yeah, I know who else would be posting on my blog)

Today I'm sharing another "guest designer" project that I did for Trendy Twine. Once again I'm featuring the beautiful Blue Berry twine, and this time butterflies. I did a 3 part gift today, for my 8yr old daughter who recently went from picture books to chapter books and is growing up way too fast for my liking (I've told her to cut it out, so far she's not listening). I made her a dream journal along with a twine wrapped pen, and included a bookmark for her new before bedtime reading chapter books.


The dream journal is from a Silhouette Studio file that I modified a bit, which features paper from DCWV's Blossoms & Butterflies stack which I've been hoarding saving for something special. I wanted to echo the silver designs so I stamped & embossed my dreams stamp with silver embossing powder. I made a simple closure using 2 bottoms and a bit of blue berry twine (which is also used to hold in the papers inside the journal). The butterfly is my favorite from Hero arts, which happens to be available as a digital stamp. I imported it into Studio for a print & cut and then colored the cut with my prismacolor pencils and gamsol. The pen I found in a pack of 2 in the $1 section at Target, it was a very tight squeeze but there was just enough room after taking it apart to wrap the barrel with twine and reassemble it, definitely grab these pens if you see them... so much fun to modify and make your own! Lastly I cut the bookmark from my scraps and added a 2nd butterfly, the text was also a pnc done with my Cameo (cut with an offset) and then colored lightly with my prismacolors. An adorable tassel of blueberry twine finished it off perfectly. 

I hope you enjoyed my project and that it has inspired you, remember you still have a few days left to enter the June Trendy Twine challenge. Our new Trendy Twine Design Team posts start in just a few more days, I can't wait to share my next projects with all of you!

6 comments:

  1. This is such a fab set, Candi. I'm sure your daughter loved this. It's amazing. Love it all. The butterflies are gorgeous.

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful set!! I love the papers you used! I would hoard them too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These projects are fantastic!!! I know my 8 year old would LOVE a dream journal and special bookmark, She too is growing up way too fast. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an awesome set. Thanks for playing along with us at Trendy Twine. Can't wait to see your DT work. Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a creative gift, love the fun tassel on the book mark and the pen is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Work Candi. I love this set. Your DD is going to be loving it.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!