Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Father's Day Cards

Hi Everyone!

If you think I'm late with posting these then wait for this embarrassing tidbit, I haven't even sent my Dad his 2 cards yet (Dad if you read this, I'm sending them this week.... I ran out of stamps and well dragging both kids to the post office just hasn't happened yet, sorry!)

Here are the cards I made for my Dad. The first is from me, my parents divorced when I was 6 and my Dad moved to another state, so we didn't get to spend all that much time together as I was growing up, but the time we did spend he worked hard to make memorable.

One of my favorite memories was when he took me to see Little Shop of Horrors in NYC. I remember the vines falling from the ceiling at the end and it scaring me to death. When I saw this little guy from Lettering Delights I KNEW I had to make a card with him. The sentiment is from the Silhouette store, for the background paper I used Studio to print a shape from the Store onto kraft card stock, just love the look!


I asked my daughter what type of card she wanted to send her Poppi (my Dad) and since he owns a tile store in CA she opted for something that "looks like tile Mom". I found my inspiration card over at Inkadinkado.


I applied Rock Candy by Ranger to make my paper tiles look glazed, and added my sentiment (printed with Studio of course) with some Chocolate Truffle (yum) twine.


I made DH two cards as well. I give BirdsCards complete credit for giving me my ideas, the tie card is pretty much a direct copy of hers and my grilling card I used the card base she generously shared (I had never seen this style of pop-up card before and I just love it) if you're not familiar with her blog head over now, she has a TON of amazing free files for you too! I subscribe to her email feed so I never miss a post! 

This one was a quick print and cut. The ties are cut out individually and then pop-dotted up. 

I used shapes from Silhouette to create my background paper (just love how you can do that) which I simply printed out, the grill is cut from metallic cardstock, and the little steak is actually layered.

When you pull the tab at the top, the middle panel pops up and the space under is where you write! How fun is that? 

Lastly I thank the amazing Brigit from Brigit Stamp's, her Father's Day card created from svgcuts files was just perfect for my FIL who loves to play scrabble. Those little boxes were a bit of a pain to make but the end result is worth a few glue coated fingers!


Thanks again for visiting and be sure to check back tomorrow to see my next post for Trendy Twine!








1 comment:

  1. WOW Candi, I love all of your CARDS. They all look great. You did such a beautiful job with all of them. TFS

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!