Monday, June 4, 2012

My BIG Announcement! Trendy Twine DT!!!!!!

I've known this for almost a month and I could not wait to tell you! I was so excited when I saw there was   a Trendy Twine design team call a couple of months back. I've never tried out for a DT before but I just adore Trendy Twine & Lesley who runs it and couldn't wait to try out.

I MADE THE TEAM!!!!!

Oh my god you guys, I'm so thrilled and honored (and ok more then a little bit nervous) to be joining the other AMAZING ladies who were chosen. You're sure to see some of your favorite bloggers on the list!

Before I show you the projects I turned in with my application, I need to let you know the best part of this post... Lesley is actually hosting a giveaway! All you need to do is visit the 15 blogs and leave a bit of love (don't forget to leave some on the Trendy Twine blog as well... which is where you can find the whole list of new DT members). The winner will be chosen through random.org and will be announced after it's verified that they've left comments on all the blogs. You don't need to be or become a follower but I'm sure the other ladies would love it as much as I would if you did. 

So for my big reveal. I opted to do two projects, each featuring a 3d element/box and a card.

The first is my favorite. I knew I wanted to do a hot air ballon theme set, featuring a wrapped hot air balloon on a card and a giftbox. The problem was I didn't have a 3d hot air balloon file, thank goodness for my trusty Cameo and Silhouette Studio and svgcuts files. I modified the points on the bottom of their 3d Easter Egg file and turned it into the top of a hot air balloon. I just played around with box shapes to create the basket and added some border pieces to hold them together. I wanted it to become a gift box so I placed it atop a box which I colored to look like clouds using a handmade stencil & distress inks.  Of course what you really want to know about is the yummy Trendy Twine! I wrapped the basket with my favorite Chocolate Truffle twine, used Strawberry Cupcake bows on the balloon, and then edged my box with Blue Berry. (clicky clicky on the links to buy your own spools!)



For the card I wrapped a hot air balloon with three colors of twine, Twisted Lime, Strawberry Cupcake, and Grape Fizz. I also added layering to this card & an epoxy heart. 


I wanted to really go outside the box for my 2nd gift box, creating a giftbox of an unusual shape and making a masculine set. After some thinking of how I could incorporate twine on an interesting box I came up with the idea of the spots on a mushroom box... however once again I didn't have a file for a 3d mushroom box. This time it was Joann's to the rescue, I found a kit which had a little paper punch out 3d mushroom. I wanted my box a bit bigger so after a lot of trial and error I recreated the box giving it a wider base (for more gift room) using my Cameo (you'll see the original & my recreation in the photos). 



Both the mushroom and the card feature the extremely versatile Krazy for Kraft Trendy Twine. It's a bit hard to tell but I again used layering on the card... the snail, mushroom tops, and the text are all pop dotted. 


I hope you've enjoyed viewing my first Trendy Twine projects and are as excited as I am to see the rest of the teams creations. Trendy Twine has some awesome new colors coming out this year, you guys are going to just LOVE them! 

Now go visit the other blogs and get yourself entered in the giveaway!

Here is a link of everyone to make it easier for you :)

Trendy Twine - http://TwineItUp.com








28 comments:

  1. Congrats Candi! I knew it would be just a matter of time before everyone started recognizing your talents! Your hot air balloons are awesome! The twine really makes it pop! More and more I think the cameo is in my future! Thanks for sharing, the inspiration and congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects are really wonderful. I especially love the creative hot air balloon box and coordinating card. So clever.

    Your blog looks great. New follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! WOWZERS what awesome projects!! and they are photographed so beautifully as well!!
    So excited to see your next creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! WOWZERS what awesome projects!! and they are photographed so beautifully as well!!
    So excited to see your next creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing projects!!!! I love the little mushrooms, makes me think of Mario. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!! Love the balloons!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I love both projects and love the coordinating elements you did as well. Look forward to seeing more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Candi - your projects are so cute! I love those mushrooms!!! Looking forward to working with you on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, these are all stunning Candi and looking forward to working with you. Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW WOW WOW! AMAZING WORK, I love all of them. You really did a great job on this Candi. Beautiful. I love the hotair balloons and those mushrooms are just so cute.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your projects and cards are adorable. I deam you the queen of gift boxes. These are both over the top creative.
    Congrats on your new position.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love you projects and would love to have the files for both projects. Congrats on the DT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so awesome. I remember when I got your projects, I fell in love with the mushrooms. So cute. Glad to have you join the team, Candi!

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am in love with your projects!! The hot air balloon is the BOMB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the mushroom! Too cute! All projects are great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH MY GOODNESS! Those balloons and mushrooms are to die for! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh WOW! I loooove the balloon. The little mushrooms are extreme cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  18. HOLY SMOKES!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your projects! So excited and now I'm the nervous one to be on the DT with you! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you EVERYONE! As someone pretty new to paper crafting your nice comments mean the world to me. Yvonne yours almost made me spit out my coffee... I'm so overwhelmed with the talent in the group and just hope I can keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am clicky clicky on all the blogs and will later on my own spoolie of fantastic twine! You are very creative and I can see why you made the team! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow your projects are just amazing!! I can see why they chose you for their design team!! Congrats to you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Welcome to the team Candi!!! WOW your projects are amazing!!! I am loving that hot air balloon, it's fabulous!

    <3 Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! I just love those mushrooms. So cute! Thanks for sharing. and Congrats on the DT position.
    -Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing projects! I absolutely love the hot air balloon set, the twine looks fabulous on the card and on the 3D project. And your mushrooms are so fun, just love how you can take the top off and add a little something in there. Great job, looking forward to being on the DT with you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super cut stuff! Love the balloons and the "Funguy"! You must be a "Fungirl"!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These projects are so cute! What a great one-two punch of hot air balloons and adorable mushrooms! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations on making the design team! I love your projects and look forward to seeing more.

    reynakb at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats and welcome to the team! Your hot air balloon is so cute! ♥ it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!