Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Carousel Birthday ( & a cased card )

I've got to get better with photographing my projects and actually getting things posted for you guys... I've got quite a backlog going here of things I want to show but haven't had time yet to share.

I have two cards to share with you today.

My Grandma just celebrated her 85th birthday, one of my fondest memories of time with her while I was  growing up was when she'd show my cousins and myself her vast music box collection, she had them in a large glass front cabinet and my favorite was always the large carousel. When I saw these files in the Silhouette store I knew they would be perfect.


Do you guys love digital paper as much as I do? I find I rarely go through the stacks I have but I have no problem scrolling through my digital collections to find the perfect paper, plus with Studio it's so easy to fill shapes, adjust color intensity, and even pull colors from the paper for other elements. That's what I did here with the carousel... I pulled the blue & green out of the gorgeous background paper (Spring Celebration - Lori Whitlock) and did a print & cut to get my layers. My Cameo did a great job of cutting out the little horses and I pop-dotted the middle one. I bit of stickles and the outside was finished. 

Of course the inside had to be special too... 

I just love the surprise a pop up gives a card! I opted to keep it clean and simple inside instead of decorating the pop up but I did do a print & cut for the sentiment again using the banner digital paper. 

My next card is CASEd from Yania who is one of Lawn Fawn's DT members. Are you guys familiar with Lawn Fawn stamps? OMG they are stinkin' adorable and I seriously want to CASE every single one of the cards on the blog, the DT is awesome! 


I thought the little ants marching away with fruit card was super cute and here is my copy of it. I colored my fruit with promarkers and added some glossy accents for the cherries. It's hard to tell but of course all the fruits & banner pieces are pop-dotted. I used Trendy Twine for my banner and again used some digital papers (another great thing with Studio, you can resize your digital papers, so I was able to make my patterns perfectly sized for stamping on the banners!) Speaking of the banner, I cut my sentiment out of black vinyl... you can get much smaller and cleaner cuts using vinyl then paper making it perfect for this sort of use! 

Thanks for visiting today!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I’ve been trying my best to make a pop up card but I really can’t make one. How did you do it? It’s really fun to make your own card and personalize everything, from the designs to the message itself. Only creative minds are capable of creating such superb cards.

    -Jake Grant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your thoughtful message, though sadly in this case even uncreative people can create great cards LOL The files are both in the Silhouette store, have to love my Cameo!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!