Monday, July 2, 2012

Red, White, & Blue with Trendy Twine

Hi Everyone! Can you believe it's almost the 4th of July? It's also a super fun day for me today, July officially marks the start of the new Trendy Twine design team, and I'm sharing my project here with you too!


I decided to make a festive paper cone wreath for our front door. There are a ton of tutorials on how to make these on Pinterest & Google, basically you take squares of paper and just roll them into a cone (hot glue is your friend if you're using heavy cardstock, my tape runner wasn't cutting it for the shimmer paper) and glue them closed, then position them into your desired pattern around a center circle. You can do one layer like I did here, or as many as you want. You could leave the center open by positioning your cones out, or have them meet in the middle. Such a fun idea don't you think? (please ignore the slightly squished section, and may I remind anyone with toddlers... it might be a bad idea to place your new paper wreath on a chair for a min, I suppose if you're two it looks like a great cushion)

For the best part (those who are still using a Cricut, you might want to turn away from your monitor right now, I wouldn't want you to get circle envy)... the twine accents! 


The center shape is from the Silhouette store, do you see those zillion little tiny circles :::swoon::: are they not just perfect for running the yummy Berry Red Trendy Twine through? Of course I had to add a sweet little double bow and then my favorite part of the wreath.... the curley cues! 


eeeekk aren't they the cutest little things? So super easy too, all you do is take your choice of clear drying glue (I used modge podge) and coat your Trendy Twine, then wrap it around a plastic drinking straw until it dries (do you notice the slight sparkle on mine? Not the best photo of it but you better believe I sprinkled some glitter on mine while they were still wet too!). Once they dry just slide them off and add them to your project... LOVE! I again used the Berry twine and also the color I featured last month, Blue Berry.


I hope you enjoyed my 4th of July project, make sure you head over to Trendy Twine to see all the other amazing creations from the rest of the new design team which will be featured today and tomorrow.  

As a bit of extra incentive there is an awesome giveaway going on along with the amazing My Thoughts Exactly now until July 4th for this awesome price package (details on the blog)

Last, but not least, we have a new monthly challenge running for July so be sure to enter that as well, it's a really great prize this month: winner gets the Extreme Mini Pack of Trendy Twine, AND 50 yds of Berry Trendy Twine! 



12 comments:

  1. What a fun wreath!! It's so festive - I love those curly cues!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this wreath and the curly twine came out fab. Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just like the coolest wreath ever. Love the curly cues! Awesome Job.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. This wreath is adorable!! Looks super cute on the front door too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely amazing. Your projects are always stunning and this is no exception. I love the curly twine with the accent of glitter. I'm sure this will be a great addition to your front door!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this!! The curly cues are my favorite part too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE! This is really beautiful! Love the curly Q's

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, I wished we lived closer. I'd have you decorating my whole house. This is beautiful. All the extra details you added and even the glitter. Fab!!

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  9. This turned out soooooo cute! Fun and festive. Love the way you did the curly cues!

    ReplyDelete
  10. *jaw drop* This is fabulous!!! As always, Candi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the wreath you created! It's absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!