Monday, August 6, 2012

What's Shakin' with Trendy Twine

Woohoo, it's a new month and another fun challenge with Trendy Twine. This month we're featuring one of my favorites, the very versatile Krazy for Kraft twine. The theme is "just another day at the beach" and you can find details here Aug. Challenge. You can get your own spool of Krazy for Kraft on sale this month as well, while you're shopping be sure to check out all the gorgeous brand new twists too!

For my first project this month I've decided to make an adorable hula girl card, and what's a hula girl without her shake... so of course mine does the hula too!



I utilized both my Expression & Cameo for the cuts and a bit of print & cut too. The sandy beach is actual sand, I simply ran my cut through my xyron and sprinkled with sand. Of course the cutest part is her hula skirt. I braided a bit of twine and then glued a bunch of cut pieces of twine to the back... then I simply used my fingers to untwist the twine and fringe it out to give her a nice full skirt. 


You'll notice she's not flat on the card, that's because she has to hula! I followed the directions of my Trendy Twine DT team member Becki from The Happy Card Encouragement Factory to make my own action wobble... you can view her directions HERE.


Twine Used: Krazy for Kraft

Want to see how it works? (excuse the painful video, I'll work on my video taking LOL)




Be sure to head over to the Trendy Twine blog today & tomorrow to see all of the amazing projects my team members created!

15 comments:

  1. This is so cute. Love your hula girl. Great use of the Trendy Twine on your project.

    Hugs,
    Kate
    Scrappers Creative Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she is so cute! The twine was perfect for her skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute, love her skirt. Awesome <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an adorable card, the twine skirt is perfect and I love that you actually have her doing the hula!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card! The skirt is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super stinkin cute! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so, so cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable, Candi. I love how you unraveled the twine to make her little skirt and that she does the hula, too, is toooo cute. Love this. I'm going to send you about 100 spools of kraft so you can make me a skirt like this, but I don't think I will be so gracious when I shake ;)

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL too funny Leslie, when my 8yr old saw it she said the same thing "ohhh mom, you can make me a skirt for Halloween"

      Delete
  9. You know I love this little hula girl. Great job as always, Candi!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. BTW, thanks for the shout out sister!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hula girl and hula skirt are precious. I love that she actually hulas too. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL....This is ADORABLE ADORABLE ADORABLE!!!!! LOVE that skirt!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!