Saturday, September 15, 2012

My Thoughts Exactly and Trendy Twine Spook-tacular Set Blog Hop!

Eeeeeekkkkk I can hardly contain my excitement you guys :::drum roll::: it's time for the My Thoughts Exactly & Trendy Twine Spooktacular Blog Hop!!! All the details on this super limited edition kit are available below my projects (I went a bit pic crazy, hope you like them), scroll on down to see... did I mention there was a giveaway??? There is!!!

I'm the third stop on the Spook-tacular Hop today, please see below for all your stops!

  1. Trendy Twine Blog
  2. Belinda - http://beeshiveofdrama.blogspot.com/
  3. Candi - http://chaos-n-crafts.blogspot.com/  <~~~ You are here
  4. Jessica - http://craftyrktsci.blogspot.com/ <~~~ Next up
  5. Sukie - http://scrappindhilly.blogspot.com/
  6. Kendra - http://luv2scrapnmakecards.blogspot.com/
  7. Yvonne - http://onecreativemomma.blogspot.com/
  8. My Thoughts Exactly DT Blog


I had so much fun creating with this kit that I couldn't make just one thing, I had to make two! I figure you wouldn't mind ;) 


My first project is a 3d witches hat. I opted to use my stamps to make up a fabulous background paper to create my hat from. I stamped the pumpkin faces with versamark and then heat embossed them with glitter embossing powder. I used just the eyes around the brim of the hat in the same manner. 


I wrapped some of the exclusive to this bundle grape limeade twine around my hat and then had fun by making some curlie-cues with my twine. All I did was put two slits in a straw and wrap the twine around, then I used a watered down craft glue and my fingers to evenly coat the twine, of course I added a sprinkle of glitter. After they dried I slid them off the straws and attached them to my hat. I did use some thin black wire in the middle to both give them some support and aid in positioning and to hold up the glitter black bats I cut with my cameo. A couple of felt flowers and it was all set to display.


For my 2nd project I wanted to use the stamps in a more traditional manner. 

After designing my card base and wrapping it with twine I cut the squares to mount my pumpkins on, I inked the edges with distress ink, edged with twine, and pop dotted my pumpkins. I utilized the free svg's you can download for the stamps and stamped the pumpkin outline with distress ink and clear heat embossed it and then I stamped the faces with versamark and used silver embossing powder, after that I went over the silver with yellow stickles, I LOVE the glittery effect this gave to the pumpkins faces. 

Are you ready for details on this amazing kit? Here you go!



WOOHOO look at this adorable limited edition kit! You probably recognize the yummy lime & grape licorice twines... but do you spy the brand new exclusive to this kit grape limeade twine too? How about the super cute build a jack stamp set? These are fabulous together!!!

In the Exclusive Kit: 
  •  EXCLUSIVE My Thoughts Exactly "Build-a-Jack" 4in x 2in stamp set
  •  EXCLUSIVE 10 yard mini bundle of Grape Limeade Trendy Twine, 10 yard mini bundle of Grape Licorice Trendy Twine, and 10 yard mini bundle of Lime Licorice Trendy Twine. That's right, a total of 90 feet of these gorgeous twines!!!
  • There will also be FREE coordinating SVGs available in the MTE shop here: http://mythoughtsexactly.co/stamps/build-a-jack-svgs/ 

You can buy your kit for only $10 right here: My Thoughts Exactly & Trendy Twine Spooktacular Set

Did I mention something earlier about a giveaway? Enter here for your chance to win one of these great kits!

a Rafflecopter giveaway 

Thanks so much for hopping along with me, your next stop is with Jessica!

58 comments:

  1. Love your projects and especially the straw glue way of twirling the twine. I'll need to try that it looks easier than how I was doing it (baking on rods)TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jill! I've done the oven routine for ribbon but yes, with twine any clear drying glue works great!

      Delete
  2. Oh I love how you made your paper with the glitter embossing powder, and the part where you used just the eyes *love*! Plus, lining the rim with the twine, and the squares on the card really adds to the oveall finished appearance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG what an awesome hat!!! I LOVE the curly twine, the great stamps and the overall design! Such a GREAT halloween project!!
    Your card is beautifully done as well..love those pumpkin faces and the way you added twine around each section!
    TFS
    jessica
    chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
    eschfamily@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects are amazing as always! I absolutely love how you heat embossed the pumpkins, the glitter embossing powder is a beautiful touch! The witch hat is awesome with the twine accents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sukie, I just love yours too!

      Delete
  5. Wow, I love everything you did on these projects!!! Gave me some great ideas! I am new to your site but am now a fan! Thanks so much for some twists on Halloween crafts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for becoming a followers & for the compliments!

      Delete
  6. Your projects are both super cute, however that witch hat is killer!! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving it too, my 8yr old stole it for her american girl doll LOL

      Delete
  7. Beautiful!! LOVE that adorable witch hat!!! Love the glittery embossing of the pumpkins!! Fun! Cute card as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh love your witchy hat with the bats and pumpkin background...i so need one of these!
    Beautiul card too.
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thanks for becoming a follower!

      Delete
  9. So cute! I love the embossing you did!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, I was feeling pretty brilliant when it occurred to me LOL

      Delete
  11. Wow, I love this!! The Trendy Twine swirls and the rolled roses!! I love it! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my that's just spooktacular....wow, on your hat and the curly cues...super fab..tfs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all your spooky projects! I love the straws, gives me all sorts of ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the projects you made:) The 3D project looks awesome!
    (:(:Smiles;):)

    Robin

    thecricutscrapper at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin, off to check out your blog too!

      Delete
  15. Adorable projects! Love the 3-D effect .

    Debbie

    I dont understand this Rafflecopter thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie, and I'm sorry but I'm clueless with rafflecopter myself.... it was set up by Alyssa with My Thoughts Exactly, maybe she can help?

      Delete
  16. Wow, did you just give me so many new ideas. I love love the hat. The TT twisted on the straws to make TT squiggles is off the hook!
    Kat
    scrapnhappykat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. both of your projects are great! I love love love the hat and how you used the stamps on it.

    Beth
    baby.cowgirl88 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely Gorgeous creations. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. love those projects!!! that embossing is so pretty!!

    Candace
    scrappin2littleprincesses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful projects... love your designs and your inviting blog and have become a follower... HUGS...Sonia...SKdigis :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love BOTH projects. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fun project! Love the hat! The new twine colors are fab for halloween and the stamps are adorable!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE the projects you created! Especially the hat! Just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your projects! Thanks for the tip on curling the twine ... Great idea!
    -Dawn @ designsthatdelight@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love, love, love this hat. What a great project for Halloween. And your card if fab as well.
    Love this hop.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super cute witch hat! Love the idea on how to create the curly twine!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really like your witch's hat, looks great. Great blog too.

    Thanks, Janis

    jdegouffatcharterdotnet

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the projects! The hat is my fav! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Super Awesome Projects they are cool love the colors and the Idea for the Twine is super cool thanks for sharing and for the chance to win

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, you always do such a amazing job on your projects. And you did two...two! These are fabulous, Candi. You need my poopy little treat bag on here too ;)

    Thanks so much for being in the hop. I appreciate it very much.

    Lesley @ Trendy twine

    ReplyDelete
  31. very cute!!! LOVE the straw technique sooo cute !!!


    www.scrappinwithmybug.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. WOW!!! These decorations are amazing! I totally love the way you used the twine with the wire. I would never have thought to do this!! FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. such a spooky-licious hat. i love how you dd the frames withtwine.

    marg0006 at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  34. Girl do you know how to write a post or what. These projects are fantastic and I LOVE how many techniques you did. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fabulous projects. I love your twine curly cues too! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  36. These are amazing and thanks for the tips. Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  37. Amazing projects! I love the pumkin stampes!! They are super cute!Love the color of the twine!So Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. WOW< these projects are amazing! Thanks for sharing with us.

    Ceci V.

    www.craftinginthenight.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love how you used the twine and got them to curl by wrapping them straws! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!