Monday, September 3, 2012

New Month, New Twine Challenge!

Hi everyone! Wow can you believe it's September already? My favorite time of the year.... I just love fall! Crisp air, changing leaves, cider mills, etc. Of course it's still in the 80's in MI this year, so I suppose I have a bit of summer left to enjoy as well.

A new month means a new featured color (along with a sale & challenge) with Trendy Twine, and this month its Chocolate Sprinkles! As you know I have a slight brown obsession so this is one of my favorites, it works for both modern adult looks and it's perfect for anything to do with baby boys of course.

The design team has made some gorgeous projects to help inspire you this month. Here is mine!


This was a first for me, it's an exploding box! Actually I'm calling it an exploding photo album memory box since I labeled the 12 open spaces inside with each month, and then made another small box for the middle which could be used to hold a small gift or for keepsakes (hospital bracelet, first snip of hair, etc).


The exploding box is from the Silhouette store though I did modify it so that it would have the extra flaps, which I decorated along with my box sides with images from one of the newest Lettering Delights sets. The adorable little shoes are also a Silhouette file, I sized them so that I could use eyelets to run my twine laces through (I didn't have the right shade of blue, but I used my promarkers to quickly color them to match, love making custom colored embellishments). I used the Chocolate Sprinkles twine to make cute little bows for the corners of my box, to outline inside of the box, and of course as my laces.


I hope you've enjoyed my project, be sure to check the Trendy Twine blog today & tomorrow to see the rest of the projects from the design team and be sure to add your own for the challenge (details are here: Trendy Twine Challenge).

As a reminder, there are a TON of gorgeous new twine colors that have been released recently. Be sure to check them out and order yours today!



10 comments:

  1. This is just so stinkin' cute Candi. Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so Beautiful. Love this idea. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your explosion box is amazing. I love all of the extra details you added to it! The little booties are just adorable with the twine laces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is a wonderful explosion box! I love the fact that it is a box inside a box and you can store a keepsake. Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you put a lot of work into this project, Candi. It turned out stunning. And those tiny little shoes are adorable.

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  6. So super cute! You are the Silhouette Wizard my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!