Wednesday, October 31, 2012

By The Inking Of My Thumbs....

Something wicked cool this way comes!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN! A couple of you might have seen this about a week ago on my FB page but I was saving to do a blog post for today, since this ended up being my favorite thing I've made this year for Halloween.

This is the cauldron from svgcuts "party on elm street" kit and I just love it. I knew when I started thinking about making this that I wanted to do something really fun and original for the side panels. I think I achieved that!
The panels are cut from metallic contact paper purchased on Amazon (Lowes also sells one that is actually cheaper and a thicker/better quality but this one works fine for paper crafting). I cut it easily with my Cameo with the vinyl settings. Once the panels were cut I used alcohol inks (black & purple) to ink them up and then I ran them through my big shot to emboss. I just love the embossed metal look!
Curious as to why my fingers were stained for DAYS? I needed some purple ribbon, I didn't have any purple ribbon... I decided to use some reinker to make some purple ribbon. It was a messy job. The glitter 1" button is my own, and something you'll be hearing about more soon. I found the awesome little glitter balls at Michaels on sale and then realized I had the perfect color of wool in my old needle felting supplies to embellish my cauldron. A touch of glitter hair (I'm not really sure what it's called, something I also had for needle felting) and it was perfect! 

Have a safe & wonderful Halloween. It looks like we're going to get rained out here in MI but the girls and I will just have our own little Halloween party at home, I'll be sure to post some photos this week!


1 comment:

  1. What a cool project! I love all of the glitter and great job on dying the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!