Friday, October 12, 2012

Halloween Decor w/the Cameo

Hi Everyone! Have you had your Halloween decor made & up for weeks now or are you a total slacker like me and still making things? I have so many ideas in my head (and files on my computer) for things I'd like to make, but far more ideas then time!

I wanted a couple more cute easy things for our walls and found two shapes in the Silhouette store that were perfect. The jointed black cat & poseable halloween skeleton (there are a few different jointed/moveable skeletons, I opted for this one since he was the least scary since I have a 2yr old also)

I ungrouped both and made them as large as possible on my mat, I did end up having to also release the compound paths so that I could make the holes for the brads smaller so keep that in mind if you end up resizing them up.

Then it was as simple as cutting them out and putting them together. For the skeleton I used some distress ink & applicator to add some shading & color to the bones to give them more dimension. I also used stickles on the cats eyes so they'd be sparkly. Oh and I had bone colored brads for the skeleton but no black ones for the cat, a quick coloring with my markers took care of that problem (of course they are still metallic so the flash affected them but in real life they are a nice metallic black).

You'll have to excuse the photos, since I didn't take them until they were hanging on my walls they do look a tad plain here but are super cute hanging in the house!


I'm hoping to get a few more things done today and this weekend. I've been saving up wine bottles and have them all washed out and labels removed so that I can turn them into Halloween decor with some of the fun labels available in the silhouette store. 

Have a spooktacular day!




2 comments:

  1. Just love them!! Look great to me!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are very cool!! Makes me wish I had a Camo! Sigh, but I don't. So I will just drool over yours and your creations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!