Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Hello Halloween!

It's time for my 2nd post of the month with Trendy Twine! This month is FLYING by... almost like the adorable little Hello Kitty on my card! 
We're featuring the awesome new (the color was redone this year to make it bolder then ever) orange licorice twine this month and you can get yours right here: Orange Licorice Trendy Twine, be sure to pick up some of the other new colors... if you like the licorice line (if... LOL of course you do, its awesome) I've heard from a little birdie that there are more colors coming!

Of course there is a challenge this month as well, and the winner will get a $10 gift card to anything in the store! Click here to read the details and submit your project: October Challenge

Back to my card. I found a cute coloring page image on google and traced it with Silhouette Studio DE, then I released the compound paths so that I could pull apart layers. I wanted to add some web details to her cape and knew it would be easier to do with vinyl so I used vinyl for all of the orange accents on the card. Do you love her broom? I used the Orange Licorice twine of course! I also used another of my favorites from the licorice line, Gray Licorice to line her hat. 
She's mounted on the base using another home made action wobble just like my hula girl card a couple months ago. This allows her to move and keeps her up above the card so it appears she's flying in front of the harvest moon. 
Speaking of the moon, I used some distress ink to add some shading to the edges and sprayed the whole thing with shimmer spray so it's sparkly (which of course you can't see in the photos, but work with me here... imagine the sparkle and give me some ohhhs and ahhhs)
Did I mention the other fun part of this card yet? It's an easel card! 
Here is a better view of the inside which holds it up. I used some stickles for sparkle and edged part of my design with Orange Licorice twine again. 

Thanks for looking!



18 comments:

  1. Super cute card! Love the broom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh---Ahhhh :) I love this!! I just make a HK card last night too, but yours is so much cuter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure yours is adorable, how can Hello Kitty not be cute :) Thank you though!

      Delete
  3. This is so fun and creative. That broom is adorable!! Cute card for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...This is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!!! Too cute!!!! That broom is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Penny, and can I just say I so appreciate your comments... you're one of my crafting heros!

      Delete
  5. This is just so Adorable. Love what you did with the broom and her hat so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love this card! The action wobble makes it even more fun! The twine broom is adorable and Hello Kitty is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh! Love this adorable little Hello Kitty. Lots of details. Awesome job with the webs on her cape. And OMGosh! The broom is cutest!

    Lesley
    Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO adorable!! I LOVE the little spider on Hello Kitty's hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your easel card and the witches broom. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! Love the broom! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Kitty is one of my favorites and you did her such justice! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!