Monday, October 1, 2012

Too Cute to Spook!

October already!??! How did that happen? Do you have your costumes all picked out yet? My little ones are going as witches this year, or a witch and a cat (my 2 1/2yr old changes her mind daily).

It's a new month so it's time for a new Challenge and new featured color with Trendy Twine. This month we're featuring Orange Licorice... this color was redone for this year to make it bolder and better then ever! I love the whole licorice line don't you?

I absolutely HATE spiders, except when we're talking about cute little Halloween decor spiders. Maybe it's because I dislike the real ones so much but I actually seem drawn to the ones for Halloween. I opted to make a little treat box for this months group project.
I started with a simple box from the Silhouette store and modified it to add the web to the font. My silly googly eyed spider was inspired by the cute spider in the Fright Night Friends stamp set by My Thoughts Exactly and has an Orange Licorice Trendy Twine body and sits on a web of Midnight Trendy Twine. I also used a touch of Orange Licorice around my sentiment tag.
To make his legs stand out (they started as black cardstock) I first used a silver maker on them and then coated them with orange stickles similar to how I did the pumpkin faces on my last Halloween card. His eyes are just cardstock coated with glossy accents (I had a few bubbles this time I didn't notice until it was dry, if you're really careful not to get bubbles and do a few layers you can achieve eyes that look like real googly eyes, I've had people shake the card and wonder why the eyes didn't wiggle LOL)
I wanted something on the sides so I found a spider border in the Silhoutte store and cut it out of orange vinyl. My tag is a print & cut from my Cameo, a touch of bling and I was done.

I'm really happy with how my little treat box came out and also plan to use it as a decoration standing on it's side. 
Now it's time for you to go and link up to this months Trendy Twine Challenge, the prize this month is a $10 certificate to anything in the store! Be sure to check out the Trendy Twine Blog to see all the adorable projects my fellow design team members have made to help inspire you! 

Thanks for looking!


11 comments:

  1. This is so cute Candi!!! I love the bling on the tips of the web, and that spider is cute, cute, cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Treat Box. Perfect use of Twine and of course them Blings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lil spider is too cute!!! Great job on your spider web. Everything looks great and the candy looks yummy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this treat box but the Spider and the web are AMAZING!!! Great job my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love everything about this too, the cover is amazing. Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza! Your treat box is incredible. And I agree that sweet little spider is way too cute to dislike. OMGosh, your twine web is fantastic.

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your projects is absolutely gorgeous! I just love the spider and web. Those eyes are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty!! I HATE spiders too, but continue to make them with paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! Hailey adores it and so much wants to make one now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing treat box! Even the spider is cute, and I hate spiders LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an adorable treat box! The spider eyes are too cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!