Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Trick or Treat

I'm not sure who's more excited about Halloween, my 2 girls or myself... for some reason the same crappy candy I'd never normally want to eat is SOOO delicious stolen borrowed from their buckets.

Today I have a cute Halloween tag to share with you. I've never really made a tag before, Aliya (my 8yr old) and I did some fallish stamped ones a few weeks ago but this is my first official tag.
I used my new Dylusions sprays on this in orange, black, and purple and then added some shimmer with my metallic distress stains (I love those things). I cut a piece of acetate (report cover) and ran it through my xyron as you've seen me do before in order to glitter it up. I sandwiched that along with 2 pieces of Trendy Twine between the 2 layers of my tag.
The bats were cut with my Cameo & given some fire orange rhinestone eyes, and the stars & pumpkin are from Doodlebug Design Inc. I added a little triple bow of Trendy Twine to my pumpkin.
Lastly, I topped off my tag with a bit of ribbon and I made a epoxy button (similar to this post: make your own epoxy buttons) by using a 1" hole punch, a 1" epoxy sticker, and cutting the 2 button holes out with my big bite and one more touch of Trendy Twine.


Be sure to check back tomorrow, I've been saving a really fun post!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!