Saturday, November 17, 2012

Happy Birthday Lesley!!!

It's a big birthday celebration over at Trendy Twine this weekend, Lesley (the owner of Annie's Paper Boutique and our amazing Trendy Twine Design Team Leader) asked some fans to make cards for her mom whose birthday is Monday and they are having a blog hop starting at the Trendy Twine blog today (those of us on the design team who made her mom cards will be having a hop tomorrow) but there is something else special about today, today happens to be Lesley's birthday! Of course we couldn't let her birthday go by without celebrating. So we've decided to surprise her with a little design team blog hop of our own, celebrating HER birthday today!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LESLEY!!!!
If you're here from Kerri's Craft Time & Cupcakes you're in the right spot, if your not you might want to head to Trendy Twine so you can follow the hop in order & not miss out on any fun cards. 
Here is the complete list so you don't get lost!




Ready to see my card? 
I know Lesley loves pink & green so I decided to use those colors mostly on my card, I wanted it to be super fun and colorful, and to match the 3d turtle box that I made her oh about 6 months ago and still haven't sent her. It's almost become a joke (though I don't think she's laughing)... honestly I've got every intention of mailing it and had planned to make sure he was there for her birthday today but my daughter was sick all week and I couldn't get to the post office (and I might have eaten all the candy I was including, and really who wants an empty turtle box?) So Lesley, I hope the card will bring you a smile on your special day, and I swear I'll get the box (and some new candy) mailed out ASAP (or you can kick me off the DT... but don't really, please?)
I made her a shutter card, I love all the bright colors and fun patterns don't you? Of course there is a bit of glitter here and there (on the cupcake frosting, the tips of the candles, and the balloons.)
Aren't shutter cards the most fun? I love how they open up!
For the cupcake I used Chocolate Truffle Trendy Twine to make the cupcake wrapper, the cherry on top is a glittered button with a small tie of Cherry Cupcake twine and a stem of Twisted Lime
The 2 ballons have Strawberry Cupcake twine for their strings.

I hope you enjoyed your card Lesley (and I hope it got there in time!). 

Your next stop on the hop is with Helen at HTB Creations.

Remember to come back tomorrow for another fun birthday hop as the design team shows off the cards we made Lesley's mom!


22 comments:

  1. Candi, this card is so awesome. Wow. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a bright, fun card!! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a GREAT card!! LOVE the design and fun colors!!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..this shutter card is fantastic. i'll be looking for step by step instructions. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous shutter card! She will love it!
    -Dawn @ Dawns Designs that Delight

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE shudder cards and yours is beautiful and festive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome Tri Shutter card!! I love all the fun bright colors!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pink and green colors. They are so happy and bright. Thank you so much for doing this for me. Very sweet and thoughtful of you. Didn't realize you had another side, just used to the dark side always showing ;)

    BTW, do NOT send me an empty turtle box! haha

    Hugs!
    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a thoughtful card; you've invested time and creativity to make Lesley's day extra special. She'll love this! You've certainly brightened my day, and now, I'm off to find a good cupcake recipe. Yumm! I follow your blog via Google Reader - thank you for all the sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card:) So bright & cheery! Thanx~prhmangel(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this. The fold of your card looks Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card!! Love the cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that you used the twine for the cupcake liner. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card! It's so bright & cheery! The cupcake liner is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how you used the twine on this, awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this card. Wish I had thought of it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful Candi. I love tri-fold cards. Happens to be one of my favorite fancy fold cards. Your turned out beautiful. Love all the bright, cheerful colors.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  18. Unbelievable card! I love all the fancy folds and details...especially that sparkly cherry on top!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is stunning! I love the tri-fold and the pinks are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!