Monday, November 5, 2012

Thankful ~ Family of Nuts

November already?!?! What?!?! No... it's true, it's already November and before we know it it'll be Thanksgiving. This month with Trendy Twine we're featuring Orange Truffle twine which is just perfect for fall & focusing on things we're thankful for. I'm most thankful for my little family, even if we are all bit nutty sometimes.

 I made the perfect functional decor for our Thanksgiving dinner table this year. An adorable acorn box which we can all slip pieces of paper stating what we're most thankful for inside to read before dinner and I also made little place cards.
Normally I like to really stretch my imagination when it comes to using twine (hula skirt anyone?) but sometimes it really functions best as the prefect little accent. My poor acorn box looked positively naked before I tied on the big loopy Trendy Twine bow! Same with my place cards, they weren't finished until the little bows were added! 
The acorn box is from svgcuts. Mary & Leo have the most amazing designs, look at the shape on the lid & how it tapers at the bottom, sooo cute and it was so fast & easy to put together too!
For the place cards I used my Cameo and a pen holder to write on the names, added the faux stitching by hand (closest I'll ever come to hand sewing something LOL) and did a layered pieced design for the acorn accent, all topped off of course with the Orange Truffle bow.
For my acorn box I added some metallic faux stitching so pick up on the metallic leafs on the paper, my gorgeous fall leaf is actually made from an old piece of photo printer paper that I colored with alcohol inks and then cut with my cameo and shaped by folding. I did a loopy twine bow and knotted some little wooden beads on the ends. I love how it turned out, isn't that embossing just perfect? 
Be sure to head over to the Trendy Twine blog to see the rest of the amazing design team creations, and don't forget to check back tomorrow to see the other 1/2 of the teams ideas. 

Lastly, don't forget to enter this months Trendy Twine Challenge & pick up a spool of Orange Truffle twine while it's on sale along with the Autumn mini bundle (which also includes two of my other most favorite colors). 

Thanks for visiting today! 

8 comments:

  1. Candi, this acorn is darling!!! Such a cute and meaningful project! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Candi, love them. I have that Silhouette file too and love it. Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just really super Gorgeous Candi! Love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! Love all the names and accents on your acorn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply Amazing! I have a few nuts in my family too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your acorn is stunning, love all of name tags too! That paper you used is perfect for the acorn and the embossing is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE these!! Fabulous boxes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, Candi, your acorn box is amazing. Love the paper and the twine topping is the perfect touch. The place cards are too sweet. This is such a great idea for Thanksgiving.

    Really loving this. Thank you :)

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!