Thursday, December 20, 2012

3d Winter Art

I love Patricia Zapata's (A Little Hut) style & files. I was so thrilled when I saw she sold her designs through Silhouette and have loved every one I've made. Her wall art projects are my favorite. They are really impressive when done yet so easy to make, my favorite type!

I wanted to make something that worked not only for Christmas for also for the rest of winter and fell in love with her cardinal in birch tree design.
It was super fast and easy to cut with my Cameo and glue together. I used my favorite shimmery white Bling cardstock for the frame (hard to photograph but so pretty in person, reminds me of frosty sparkly snow) and American Crafts for the rest (except the back panel which was a print & cut). Of course my bird needed a tiny bit of bling so he got a rhinestone eye :)
I love the dimension of these files!

I'm already looking at these files and thinking of how I can use the scroll saw to cut them with wood! So many ideas, so little time!

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. What a cracking idea. Like the texture of the card used too. Brill job xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!