Monday, December 3, 2012

Merry & Bright - Snowman Tag

Ready? Wait for it... wait.... wait.... OH MY GOODNESS I CAN'T BELIVE IT'S ALREADY DECEMBER!!! No seriously, I've said the same thing the past few months but it's true, where has this whole year gone? We celebrate Hanukkah and Christmas in our family so I have even more to do and less time to get it done. At least the tree is up :) Not the best photo but you get the idea (Aliya was upstairs)
With a new month comes one of my favorite things, new featured Trendy Twine colors, new amazing DT projects for your eye candy, and of course a new challenge for you to enter and possibly win some Trendy Twine of your very own! Extra special this month is that we have TWO colors featured (and yes, that means both are on sale WOOHOO) We're featuring Candy Cane & Holly Berry, both full spools and a special holiday mini pack are available in the store right HERE.
Our challenge this month is to make a tag, featuring glitter, a snowman, and Trendy Twine. I don't make many tags so I find them quite challenging, I also wanted to really go outside of the tag box with mine. I think I did just that :) 
My tag base is acetate (I use clear report covers purchased on Amazon). I cut the tag shape with my Cameo and then I embossed it in my Big Shot. After it was embossed I used Stickles glitter and carefully filled in all of the snowflakes so they would sparkle. My snowman had to be special too, so I made him 3d! He's from the Silhouette store and I cut him out of glitter cardstock. I hand cut his little orange nose and his eyes are actually black 1/2 pearls. What does every snowman need? Well a braided Candy Cane Trendy Twine scarf of course! He also needed his hat, how about a 3d hat? I also found this 3d hat in the Silhouette store, I assembled it and then I cut it right in 1/2 so that I could use it on my tag, of course his hat needed a bit of Trendy Twine as well. I used a print & cut tag from Silhouette and then I cut 2 snowflakes out of acetate and ran them through my Xyron and glittered them up to layer on my tag. Lastly I colored some ribbon and added some final Trendy Twine to top off my tag. 
I love his 1/2 of a 3d hat
see nice and flat on the back
Do you like it? I think I might just have to start making more tags, this ended up being so fun to make!  Now head on over to the Trendy Twine blog and view all of the other amazing tags today, and the other 1/2 of the design teams tags tomorrow. Then make your own and enter the challenge too! 



7 comments:

  1. Love that embossed acetate and that snowman is to die for. Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks Amazing. Very unique on how you did the embossing on the acetate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag is stunning! Love the embossing on it! And the snowman is so super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really did think outside the box. This is fab! Love the clear tag and the way you embossed it. Your snowman is awesome too, and he is cleverly dressed with his trendy scarf. Does he know how lucky he is to not have some other company's twine?? ;)

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun tag - I love the dimnesion it has! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the acetate for the tag. Super cool idea. Wish I had thought of that! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the clear tag and it's just so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!