Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Snowman Ornament w/ Trendy Twine

Hi Everyone! Less then a week until Christmas, I'm not sure who's more excited.... me or my girls. I love watching them open their gifts on Christmas morning. Another of my favorite things to do is admire our Christmas tree, and to try and choose my favorite ornament.... of course I never can, each one is special to me and this year I wanted to make one to signify the great friendships I've made as part of the Trendy Twine DT.

So my personal project this month is an ornament for our tree!


We're featuring two great colors of twine for December, Candy Cane & Holly Berry (and both are on sale!)  On my project I used Candy Cane. The ornament started out as a plain glass one purchased from Michaels, I used the pledge floor polish technique to apply a super fine white glitter by Martha Stewart to the inside (it was hard to photograph, it's a very true white glitter that looks like frost in person, perfect for a snowman). I cut the face out of vinyl. The best part though is of course his little Trendy Twine hat! I started with some red line tape on the ornament so the twine would have something to really grip on, and then I used glue spread around the rest of the area and simply wrapped the twine around slowly to keep it laying flat. Of course he needed a little pompom and I made one using my clover mini pompom maker. Doesn't he make you smile? 

If you haven't linked up to the December Trendy Twine Challenge make sure you do, the price is a 160yd spool of your choice! Click right here to read all the rules & link up: December Tag Challenge

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! 

9 comments:

  1. Super super cute! Love this - pinned it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is seriously so cute. Love what you did with the twine and the Poms are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hat on your snowman! Great ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Especially the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, I love snowmen and this one is gorgeous. Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!