Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pretty in Pink Blog Hop with Trendy Twine

Welcome to my stop on the Pretty in Pink Blog Hop!!! Are you loving the new Pink Licorice & Pink Midnight twines? The design team has made some adorable projects for you to see & of course there is some blog candy!

Trendy Twine - http://twineitup.com
Candi - http://chaos-n-crafts.blogspot.com/ <~~~ YOU ARE HERE

As those of you who follow me know I've been bitten by a wood working bug, so of course I had to combine two of my favorite things into a project. I did a string (or should I say twine) art project for Valentine's Day decor.
You can skip making your own plaque and just buy one from the craft store but since I now own the tools I wanted to save money and make my own. I started with an inexpensive piece of pine which I trimmed square with my miter saw. Then I added a decorative edge with my router & table
To line up the nails for my heart I simply used the rhinestone feature in Silhouette Studio DE, I sized a heart and then turned the edge into a rhinestone template. I printed this off and stuck it with double sided tape to my painted wood. Then it was as simple as nailing in the nails. 
Don't laugh at my mini hammer, full sized ones can be so hard to control and this little guy is perfect, no more smashed fingers or missed nails, you can find it on Amazon right here for less then $7: perfect little hammer In order to keep the nails close to even in height I first nailed every other hole, then when putting the nail in the middle the hammer head leveled them all out
Then it was just a matter of wrapping my twine around the nails, I had no rhyme or reason with this.. I like things to be symetrical so I went with this look (though it does look a bit like a spider web, my daughter suggested I add a pink glitter love spider LOL) You can try different ways of wrapping to see what you like best. 
Lastly I decided to add some pink stickles to the heads of the nails, rhinestones would have also been really cute. 

I can't decide which of the two new releases I like better, since you probably can't either go ahead and get both <wink>. We have then on special for this weekend only. 
The full spool set is on sale for $16.50 right here: Pink Licorice & Pink Midnight Spools 
The minis are on special for $3.95 for the set right here: Pink Licorice & Pink Midnight Minis
Want to be entered to win one of three prizes? To be entered for the blog candy, make sure you follow the TT blog, comment on each blog in the hop, and like the Trendy Twine Facebook Page.

You must do all three to be eligible. Deadline to enter is 10:00 pm CST, Monday, Jan 28th. Winners will be chosen by Random.org

Thanks so much for looking, next stop on the hop is with Dawn http://dawnsdesignsthatdelight.blogspot.com/










66 comments:

  1. Love it. This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your project is totally awesome and extraordinary!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Project! I love it:)

    Julie
    Cricut Chick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning project. Are thinking how i can transfer this one to a card! Thanks for sharing. i am a new follower

    ReplyDelete
  5. How creative!! That looks stunning! Are you planning on marketing these and selling them at some point? If so, I am sure they would sell in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWZERS Candi!!!
    This is awesome!!!
    Would love to see how you did the wrapping....bring on the video!!
    Thanks for sharing and Happy Saturday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what an awesome project!!! very creative!!

    Candace
    scrappin2littleprincesses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute idea and now that I have my Cameo I can do one just like yours. Thank you for sharing and I loved the stickles on the nail heads.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW This seriously looks amazing Candi, Absolute love how it turned out. Wishes I was as handy as you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this idea. Just another excuse for me to get more tools LOL. I really do like the way you made the decorative edge on the wood :)
    (:(:Smiles:):)

    Robin


    thecricutscrapper at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know I love this! Just wait till you see my Valentine's project. Let's just say great minds think alike. lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy smokes, thanks for sharing this is amazing, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome project! Love the twine heart made with that yummy twine:) I am lovin' the color of this twine! Very fun and so inspiring!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this!!! You added bling to the top of the screws too, this i such a cool project so glad you shared how to do it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome idea. Totally love it.

    Hugs
    Patty
    Creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Candi, this is absolutely stunning! Love the heart and love the stickles to give a little bling.

    Thanks so much for participating :)

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh how fantastic..i just love string art...i remember my very first project like this..it was a zebra with silver thread...had it for yrs...thanks so much for sharing...lovin the new colours...

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did a fantastic job on your project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. awesome creation... love it... thanks for the chance to win.
    morentin1326@aol.com
    adventureofthecreativemind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is awesome, love love love it.....thanks for the chance to win. diannescrappycreations@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This idea is on my to-do list! Thanks for sharing! It is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE this!! Thanks for such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is gorgeous! I would like to try something like this, even if only on a card or lo.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your heart is beautiful. I love doing these types of things yours is AWESOME
    Thank you for the fun hop and the chance to win some twine!!
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Candi, your project is nothing short of fantastic!! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow love this project, great idea. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Super great project, I used to do needlepoint on canvas and this is a familiar technique.
    Great job on it and love the new twine.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love it!(but then again I always like all of your projects!) You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMGosh!! This is amazing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great project Candi - love the woodworking + trendy twine you combined!

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW!!!! That is AMAZING!!! Just beautiful!! The stickles on the heads of the nails - brilliant!!! Fabulous project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. LOVE the heart! Very pretty. I've seen a few projects done with twine and/or floss like this, but this one is so symmetrical instead of all over the place and that 'cleanliness' really makes the project jump out at me. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow this is awesome! Love the pretty color of this twine. and the added glitter is fab!
    http://scrapendipity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such an amazing project! You are so creative and your new found talent is awesome! I love how you brought the crafty and wood work hobbies together to make such a beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a great project! Way to think out of the box, love it. And I LOVE the new twine colors, yummy! I'm a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  36. WOW!!! How amazing and creative and cool!! What a great use of this pretty new twine!

    ReplyDelete
  37. AMAZING project! It is just stunning! I am a new follower!
    crystal3537@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. wow! that is an amazing project! wish i could make my own plaques!

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is so cute!!! love the glitter on the nails too!

    Kim

    kim@puppiesandpapercrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great project! Wonderful way to use this pretty new twine. Tami

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow I love your heart that is so kewl to still see twine used in this way except now it's colourful :)
    hugs Nikki C

    ReplyDelete
  42. This is really neat, I love that you made your own plaque too!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Very cool that you made your own plaque too !! Love the colors in these twines!

    ReplyDelete
  44. that was so cute, thanks for sharing and I am going to try to do this with other shapes as well, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  45. What an awesome project! I love it!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  46. Very cute project! Looks great with Pink Licorice!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow Candi that is just so cool, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Very lovely project. I think I'll have to try this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. WOWZERS. Fabulous idea. Love it.

    Be blessed, Beckie
    justbcreativecrazy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. You did a great job making this and the colors fit perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Awesome!!! I've always wanted to try this

    ReplyDelete
  52. That is SO cute!! What a pretty and fun decor project. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!