Thursday, July 4, 2013

Sting Like a Bee - Trendy Twine's Bumblebee Release

Happy 4th of July everyone! Time to take a break from the BBQ & potato salad to hop along with Trendy Twine for the release of the awesome Bumblebee twine, and to offer a huge warm welcome to two VERY talented ladies I'm sure you're all familiar with. Trendy Twine welcomes Brigit from Brigit's Scraps and Candace (hey great name <wink>) from Scrappin' 2 Little Princesses as the two newest design team members! 

Before I go any further can I just say... 

I said a hip hop,
Hippie to the hippie,
The hip, hip a hop, and you don't stop, a rock it
To the bang bang boogie, say, up jump the boogie,
To the rhythm of the boogie, the beat.


Sorry, Don't know what came over me there... it's like I can't do a blog post w/o referring to some random weird songs LOL but I swear when I went to post about this great blog hop that dang song kept playing in my head... and I had to share the misery ;) Now that we've gotten that out of the way it's time to check out my projects. 

I made a card & a tea light holder. For the card I used an embossing folder from Darice. After running it through my Big Shot I used my craft knife to remove a few of the hexagons. I then lined the back with packing tape and sprinkled on some glitter. To get the adorable twirls in the new Bumblebee Trendy Twine to stay put I ran a piece through a bit of perfect paper adhesive and then shaped it, it dries perfectly clear and yet holds the shape so all I had to do was put a bit more adhesive on the bottom in a few spots to hold it to my card. I used a fork to make my perfect little bow, such a quick and easy way to get tiny perfect bows don't you think?
 
 For the tea light holder (battery only please!) I did the same technique for the glitter, placing packing tape sticky side out on the panels and covering them with some glitter, the twine was easily wrapped around the base & top and held in place with some double sided tape. 


Ready to get your own spool of Bumblebee Trendy Twine? Now is the prefect chance since it's on sale! Head on over to get some (and check out some of the other amazing colors while you're there!), click right here: Trendy Twine Bumblebee Twine

Lastly, you should have arrived here from Sukie's Blog, if not please check above for the order and start at the beginning. You want to win some blog candy and you can't if you don't comment on everyone's posts, the giveaway ends on 7/5 at 11:59pm Central Time. Just look how cute it is: http://jadedblossom.bigcartel.com/product/love-stings-4x4

Next up on the hop is a great project from the amazing Brigit, head on over and leave her some love! http://www.brigitsscraps.com/






40 comments:

  1. wow--love the card, and that tea light holder..wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your project Candi!!! Great embossing and awesome use of the twine!!! Thanks for sharing and for getting that song now stuck in my head...LOL!!
    Have a GREAT 4th of July!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, and Wow! Thanks for all the tips!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome projects and I so want that embossing folder! I need to find it - too cute!

    mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Candi, this came out amazing! Love it. That tealight holder is FAB!

    Thanks for making the button for the hop, too. You should be ok for a while ;)

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to make one of these centerpieces...it is FABULOUS! Thanks for the fork tip...need to try for my tiny bows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful as always, Candi!! Love the set. Now maybe I should get off my butt and craft too. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this set Candi it's beautiful, the honeycomb embossing is totally awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fantastic!! Love how you glittered it up!! Love the cut outs! Amazing projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE these Candi!! They are both awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow these are super. Love all that glitter and twine.

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great unique projects~ Love the honeycomb pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this looks Awesome. Love all the Honeycomb and the embossing looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute! I love the glitter and the honeycomb embossing...It is AMAZING!

    Julie
    Cricut Chick

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the glitter and the trail under the bee! I loved your little jingle, too! It reminds me of Wedding Singer, lol! The Sting Like a Bee theme reminds me of Duck Dynasty and Uncle Si "Sting Like a Bee and Punch Like a Flea"! LOL! I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this to pieces!! Its awesome
    Deb C
    bugjuiced

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!!! What beautiful projects!! The card is great, the tealight holder stunning!! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh so cute ! I am wowed by these creative projects and the tea light projects is soooo creative!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing projects, absolutely amazing!!! Wow! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your card it is adorable!! The tea light holder is fantastic and unique! I am a new follower of your cute work!!!
    Shelley
    http://shelley-scrapbookingforfun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful projects! All of the little details you added look amazing, love the embossed honeycomb background.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a stunning project!!! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A Gorgeous card and Beautiful Tea Light holder!! love it! Great job!
    Happy 4th of July.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such great projects. Love them both.

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW!! Love both of your projects...the tealight holder is fabulous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this idea! Looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous creations - love the tealight holder! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your lamp. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

    kim colson

    ReplyDelete
  29. So cool! Love that tea light! Wow! Happy 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful! I love the tea light, the sparkle is awesome! Your card is just lovely. The trail of twine is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my goodness these are so adorable. Love how you added your glitter. TFS.
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. LOL....Anyone with a crazy song like that going on in their head needs therapy...FAST!! :D Better spend more time in your craft room......or perhaps, LESS! Ha.

    Love your tealight holder.....very pretty and elegant. <3 J

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love The tea light so pretty !!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. You have some great projects here. I love how you cut out a few of the hexagons and added the glitter. It just makes the card pop and sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a great idea with the packing tape. would have never thought of that. Great card too.

    ReplyDelete
  36. A perfect Summer gift! Add a battery tea light and voila! The perfect gift! Thanks for sharing, the card and tea light holder are beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a clever idea! Super cute project!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!