Thursday, August 1, 2013

Celebration Time (come on... let's celebrate)

No seriously, what is with me and the flashback song references lately when posting? Oh well... just go with it because that's what we're having over at Trendy Twine today... a huge party to celebrate color number fifty, accurately named... Celebration!

This Disney themed twine is gorgeous, such a perfect twist for all your theme park projects, and beyond!

For my project today I wanted to really show this twine in all it's glory and I had some fun making a little jewelry gift set in a matching gift bag.
Did any of you ever make friendship bracelets when you were younger? They seem to be making a come back and my 9yr old was interested in them recently so I bought her a book (since I had absolutely no idea how to make one anymore, this isn't like riding a bike folks). Turns out they are really easy and fun to make, and what could be more fun then using Trendy Twine to make one?!?!

I used the Celebration twine to make my bracelet and then I made a Mickey charm from shrink plastic which I actually used my Gelish nail polish to color and sparkle up... the shine is gorgeous in person!

Of course, I immediately thought of what else I could make with the shrink plastic, and matching earrings were the perfect choice! I also used my Gelish polish to color & glitter these, then just a little dot of glue to attach them to some earring post backings you can buy at your local craft store or online. I see many more custom earrings in my daughters' futures!

What's cuter then a Trendy Twine Celebration pom pom? Not much I assure you... I decorated my earring box (from the Silhouette store) with one and I love it!

 I couldn't leave my gift bag out, so my Minnie Mouse gift bag also got some Celebration twine on her bow and a braid along the handle. 


I hope you've enjoyed viewing my projects, & that the song has now left your brain... time to get your butt over to the Trendy Twine blog <~~~ (click that, right there) and go check out all of the other awesome projects showcasing this fab new twine! Then head over to the Trendy Twine store and get yourself some... there might even be some other great new color releases <wink> 



8 comments:

  1. WOW Candi!!! This Celebration gift set is AWESOME!!!! LOVE this fun fun project!! Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jessica, WOW Candi, I love this project, I remember making friendship bracelets with plastic, now I'm going to look this up cause I need a refresher! The whole project is spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How super Awesome is that. I really LOVE LOVE LOVE the Bracelet so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You went all out Candi :) Super projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is soooo awesome, Candi!!!!! You are so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Amazing love the charms you made!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning projects, love the twine bracelet, it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean the world to me!